To determine if the cartridge set can produce the correct basic colors, run the "Clean The Print Cartridges" function under Services in the printer driver properties. The cleaning process will produce black, cyan, magenta, and yellow if both cartridges are good. If one or more of the colors is missing:
1. A cartridge has failed or is empty.
2. The print nozzles may be plugged, i.e. dried out or not being cleaned properly by the service station.
3. The cartridge and carriage electrical contacts may be dirty.
4. The printer may have failed.
If there is an incorrect color, the ink is mixed inside the color cartridge.
-- Do not continue until you have worked through any issues revealed above. --
establishing that the printer is capable of producing the basic color
set, print from a software application. If you are not getting the
expected colors, consider these possibilities:
1. The software is not configured properly.
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver.
3. The printer may have failed.
Go to this web page for more information.